Monday, March 5, 2007

I thought some of you might be interested in this link
http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/events/webcasts/
It has webcasts for a lot of lectures on some pretty intersting topics.

Over the weekend and the time that was spent experimenting on the Max script I started to realize how much more I learned from the collaborative experimenation. I think that I really learned more about Max script and the process/syntax in only a few short hours compared to all of the other tutorials. This led me to think that we could do more collaborative, open ended, experiments in class, hopefully increasing the productivity on the scripts. I also wasn't in class on Monday, due to a design site visit, so I am not sure how the rest of the experiments went, but I would guess that other people experienced a similar result. Does anyone else have thoughts on which ways they think would help enhance their ability to learn scripting?
Skylar

1 comment:

A624 said...

Personally, for me, I thought that working alone really helped me understand more of the process of scripting in Max. I agree with you that it was a lot more helpful to finally be able to work on our own scripts and I told Jane that after a while, most of the syntax became second nature to me and after experimenting for a little while, I created a coheasive script, albeit a little ridiculous. I think that when we finally start working on our final projects that we will have enough knowledge to push what we have learned even farther, just based on this experience.

-Dave