Sunday, April 1, 2007

Scripting in General

I just had a general question about scritping language. It seems to me, especially after having had some experience with Rhinoscript, that there is a disparity between different modeling software programs and the types of syntax they use. My question is why can't they all use the same language so that you can cross over to different programs and feel confident that you know what you are doing? Is it because the different programs need to compete with one another so they make their own language that they think is the best for the user or is it because they are just stubborn and don't want a standard language for all programs? I'm sure that given some time I would get used to Rhinoscript, but right now, it just strikes me as to much work for something that could be easily done in Maxscript.

No comments: